Section 1- Introduction/explanation of the purpose of food labels
- Food safety
- Food promotion to consumers
Section 2- Misrepresenting information on packaging
- Health label claims and their accuracy
- Do they need to be backed by scientific proof?
Section 3- Current laws/guidlines/ethics in the industry
- Purpose behind laws that are in place
- Are laws actually abided by?
- Compare laws in other countries
Section 4- GMOs, health impacts
- Media marketing foods/controversies
Section 5- Consumer perceptions
- General publics beliefs on what they should purchase
- Do misleading food labels contribute to health problems and obesity?
Section 6- Key things to look for to spot misleading food labels
- How to navigate the grocery store
- Misleading labels to be aware of