If anyone else travels often like me, you probably know how stressful it can be to stay on top of your health and fitness routine while you’re constantly on the go. 2019 has already been a crazy year of traveling for me with no plans of slowing down any time soon. I’m really big on having a set routine, especially to stay on track with my health and wellness goals. Here are some tips you can follow to make sure you don’t ruin your progress during your travels!
- Pack your own snacks- I like to bring protein bars, instant oatmeal, fruit and baggies with my protein powder and other supplements when I travel
- Bring a refillable water bottle- Staying hydrated is a great way to help your body digest any foods you might not be used to while staying hydrated and reducing unwanted bloating from traveling
- Walk places- Instead of taking an Uber everywhere, walk where you can to get extra steps in
- Don’t overeat just because you’re on vacation- It’s normal to consume a few more calories while you are on vacation, but it’s important not to go overboard on every meal
- Utilize hotel gyms or do a HIIT bodyweight circuit in your hotel room if you have the time
Considering all these tips, I always try to remind myself that to practice everything in moderation. Realize that being healthy and physically active is a lifelong journey, not a quick fix. What you are fueling your body with on a regular basis is what will contribute to your health, so one week of poor nutrition won’t ruin all your progress. Despite this, even while traveling, a whole nutritious diet should still be your main focus!